CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE IN PMOs
AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The largest and most prestigious global award for PMOs, Projects, and PMO professionals.
Find out which organizations have represented your country in past editions of the PMO Global Awards.Explore
The PMO Category is the premier category of the PMO Global Awards that annually honors the best PMO from each of the four major regions of the world (Africa; Asia-Pacific; Europe; and The Americas) and, among them, select the best PMO in the world (World PMO of the Year).
Five awards are given in this category:
- World PMO of the Year Award
- Africa PMO of the Year Award
- Asia-Pacific PMO of the Year Award
- Europe PMO of the Year Award
- The Americas PMO of the Year Award
HOW TO APPLY
Submitting your application is the first step to participating in the PMO Global Awards.
The first part of the application process consists of a simple form, which will collect some basic information necessary for the Organizing Committee to verify your eligibility.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to all PMO Global Awards rules and procedures.
Within five working days after submitting the form, you will receive a message from the Organizing Committee notifying you if it is accepted.
After receiving confirmation of acceptance, you will be able to perform the second part of the application process, submitting your Nomination Package (video presentation) at any time by May 31st.
Please check the Nomination Package Guidelines and find detailed information on how to create it.
After submitting the Nomination Package with the video presentation, in up to five days, the Organizing Committee will verify the file and confirm its acceptance, or request adjustments and new submission.
Therefore, we suggest that the Nomination Package's sending be done in advance of the May 31st deadline. This way, there will be enough time for the Organizing Committee to request adjustments, and for the applicant to implement them before resubmitting the Nomination Package.
Unfortunately, in previous editions, nominees have been disqualified due to a lack of time to perform the required adjustments, which was very frustrating for everyone.
The participating countries can be represented by corporate, governmental, or non-profit organizations and their PMOs can support the Enterprise, a Business Unit, a Department, a Program, or a Project.
PMOs from the same global organization may represent different countries in the competition since they have their offices located in the countries to which they represent.
Recipients of the World PMO of the Year Award are not eligible to participate in the PMO Global Awards for two years after being awarded.
PMO Global Alliance affiliation is not required for Lead Nominators.
COUNTRIES NOMINEES DEFINITION
Up to 64 countries will be represented in the World Awards category and each country is represented by a single organization.
The 64 countries that will compete in the World Awards category are grouped into four regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Americas).
It is expected that the 16 largest economy countries in each region can be represented at the PMO World Awards category, however, if the Organizing Committee hasn’t received an application for a pre-selected country in 20 days after the opening of the Entry Stage, the Organizing Committee may replace the country by a new one from the same region, which was not included in the first list of pre-selected 16 regional largest economies.
The organization that will represent a country will be appointed as follows:
If the organization has been awarded “PMO of the Year” in a national, regional, or global award (recognized by PMO Global Alliance), it would be automatically appointed to represent its country in the PMO Global Awards.
If that organization waives its right to participate or if there isn’t a local “PMO of the Year Award” recipient, submissions will be open to all organizations. If more than one organization from the same country apply, they will participate in the group stage, but just the one with the best performance will be able to qualify to the knockout stage (Round of 16).
ABC Company was appointed as the 2022 winner of the French PMO of the Year Award, a competition organized by a local PMI Chapter and recognized by PMO Global Alliance. ABC Company is automatically nominated to represent France in the 2023 PMO Global Awards. If other organizations apply to the PMO Category, they will not be able to represent France in the competition.
ABC Company waives the right to represent France in the 2023 PMO Global Awards. Applications will still be opened for French organizations and if more than one application is received, the one with the best performance in the Group Stage will qualify to represent France in the Knockout Stage (Round of 16).
The same procedure will be applied to countries where there is no local PMO competition and more than one application is received.
The PMOs will face each other in a contest model inspired by the Football World Cup, where only one organization represents each country.
The contest is organized in two stages: Group Stage and Knockout Stage.
During the Group Stage, countries in each group will face each other (pairwise comparison for each category criterion) in three rounds of evaluation.
A group of judges will be assigned to each match and they will appoint which competitor is the winner of the match. The final match score will define the winner of the match.
United Kingdom X Russia
20 judges have been assigned to this match.
Based on the established criteria, 10 judges appointed United Kingdom's Nominee as the best PMO and 10 judges appointed Russia's Nominee as the best PMO.
The final score is United Kingdom 10 X 10 Russia and there is a tie.
At this stage, competitors earn three points for each win and one point for each draw. The two countries in each group that get the most points will qualify for the Knockout Stage.
If there is a tie in one of the groups, the definition of the winner will be given by the results of confrontation between them. If the tie remains, a new judge will be assigned to evaluate them comparatively until a winner can be defined.
In each round of the Knockout Stage, the countries will face each other and the winners will follow to the next rounds.
The Awards Regional Winners (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Americas) will be announced on September 1st, 2023, and will become the finalists of the 2023 World PMO of the Year Award.
The 2023 World PMO of the Year Award Winner will be announced at a virtual ceremony that will be held in November 2023.
1) PMO’S JOURNEY
This criterion evaluates the PMO’s journey, analyzing its strategy, consistency, adaptability, leadership, and the path that made the PMO become what it is today.
2) CLIENT SERVICE
This criterion evaluates the set of services/functions the PMO provides to its clients and stakeholders, how appropriate they are for the presented scenario, and how that mix of services can address the organization’s results expectations.
3) BEST PRACTICES
This criterion evaluates how the PMO is delivering its services/functions, the methods and techniques that are provided, their alignment with best practices, and how the PMO continually improves its services.
This criterion evaluates how the PMO used innovation to deal with challenges encountered throughout its journey, and what innovations were delivered to the organization, generating effective results.
This criterion evaluates how the PMO actively works to create an engaged project management community within the organization, evolving the organizational culture, and encouraging people to share experiences and lessons learned.
6) VALUE GENERATION
This criterion evaluates the benefits and results delivered by the PMO to its customers, stakeholders, and the organization. It also evaluates how the organizational culture and maturity evolved. Finally, it evaluates how the PMO encourages the engagement of the organization’s senior management and improves the sponsorship level.
- All applications and documents must be completed in the English language (Business English) since they will be evaluated by an international Judging Committee who may not be familiar with acronyms and terms from your organization, industry, or country.
- The organization’s Lead Nominator must obtain all permissions of use from his/her organization before submitting the Nomination Package.
- Submitting the Nomination Package, the organization grants PMO Global Alliance the non-exclusive right to use any submitted materials for any business-related purpose, including making the materials available for the community in our websites, press releases, and other marketing and promotional materials, including but not limited to video presentations.
- If the organization is one of the regional winners and, consequently, a 2023 World PMO of the Year Award Finalist, the organization agrees that:
- The four finalist organizations will, at their own expense, produce a 2min 30sec video that will be part of the virtual Awards Ceremony video.
- The video requirements will be informed simultaneously with the regional winners' announcement and must be strictly followed.
- The deadline for producing the video will be 40 days.
- Please watch the 2022 Awards Ceremony video to see four examples produced by the finalists of the last edition. The PMO Global Awards glass trophies are offered at no cost by the PMO Global Alliance. However, the finalist organizations must provide the shipping service. Finalists can use their own shipping contracts or reimburse the PMO Global Alliance for these costs. The trophies will be shipped with DHL from the PMO Global Alliance operations office, located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- PMO Global Alliance will not reimburse any expense for assembling the Nomination Package, for any materials that may need to be created, or for any expense related to the Awards Ceremony, the conference that will host it, or trophies shipping services.
- PMO Global Alliance reserves the right within its sole discretion, and at any time up to the time of the presentation of the award, to determine that a participant is or has become ineligible for the award.
- PMO Global Alliance reserves the right to accept or reject applications and Nomination Packages; make or cancel an award, or change deadlines as circumstances dictate, always aiming to promote the PMO Global Awards quality and benefit the global PMO community.
- PMO Global Alliance reserves the right to rescind an award if it is discovered that any information submitted is false or misleading.
- Participants, finalists, and winners will be publicized through PMO Global Alliance (and its partners) communication channels and external media. Participants may also coordinate additional publicity with PMO Global Alliance.
NOMINATION PACKAGE GUIDELINES
VIDEO SPECIFICATION GUIDELINES
The video presentation composes the Nomination Package and it will be used by the Judges to understand, clarify and enhance the necessary points for the evaluation.
IMPORTANT: Video presentations of less than 25 minutes or longer than 45 minutes (with a tolerance of +/- 5 minutes) will not be accepted.
It is not mandatory for the presenter to be the Lead Nominator, being allowed the narration of a third person.
There is no specific template for the presentation but please use a sans-serif font, with a minimum size of 14-pt.
The video presentation content must be exclusively in the English language.
Please take special care with capturing audio.
The video presentation can be a PowerPoint-style presentation with the presenter’s voice recorded or any other format.
The video presentation recording process is the responsibility of the applicant. The PMO Global Awards team will not provide any technical support in recording the video presentation.
It is important to highlight that the video presentations of all nominees will be made available to our global community on different channels since this is one of the main ways to share experience and knowledge, the true spirit of this initiative.
We remind you that you will also have access to the video presentations of other competitors at the end of the competition, thus allowing you to learn about the good practices from other nominees.
Please present in the video only information that can be fully disclosed, duly authorized by individuals or organizations whenever necessary.
By submitting the Nomination Package you confirm that you have obtained any necessary authorization from individuals or organizations to comply with the PMO Global Awards rules and procedures.
The following six topics must be covered in the video presentation as follows:
- 0 – COVER: Please include the Organisation’s name, City, Country, and Lead Nominator’s name
- 1 – PMO’S JOURNEY: Tell about the PMO’s journey, analyzing its strategy, consistency, adaptability, leadership, and the path that made the PMO become what it is today.
- 2 – CLIENT SERVICE: Present the set of services/functions the PMO provides to its clients and stakeholders, how appropriate they are for the presented scenario, and how that mix of services can address the organization’s results expectations.
- 3 – BEST PRACTICES: Tell how the PMO is delivering its services/functions, the methods and techniques that are provided, their alignment with best practices, and how the PMO continually improves its services.
- 4 – INNOVATION: Present how the PMO used innovation to deal with challenges encountered throughout its journey, and what innovations were delivered to the organization, generating effective results.
- 5 – COMMUNITY: Tell how the PMO actively works to create an engaged project management community within the organization, evolving the organizational culture, and encouraging people to share experiences and lessons learned.
- 6 – VALUE GENERATION: Present the benefits and results delivered by the PMO to its customers, stakeholders, and the organization. Tell how the organizational culture and maturity evolved. Finally, explain how the PMO encourages the engagement of the organization’s senior management and improves the sponsorship level.